Southwick Community Primary School has, and will always make a big effort to ensure all children understand how important our community is. We believe that our children should actively be involved in all aspects of community life.
Over many years we have developed our own Civil Pride partnerships with our local councillors and officers.
Our children take part in a number of annual events that link and make sense of what it is to be a citizen today in Britain and to take part in what is happening in our local community.
- The children have planted bulbs in the local area to improve the environment
- Taking part in our local remembrance service in Southwick and always have our own event at school.
- he children have planted trees in the local area
- Consulted about Play Parks and were they fit for purpose and safe.
- The children organise fundraising events for Macmillan, Children in Need, Water Aid and Sports Relief each year.
- Take part in Inter school Sporting competitions
- Decision making about the school menu, play yard and other school activities
- Plant trees on the school site to improve our carbon footprint
- Our Choir sings at the Lighting of the Southwick Christmas tree & local care homes.
- The choir sings at Bridges Shopping Centre for Children North East
- Children have been involved in the SARA project with Gentoo to design a play area in the centre of Southwick