Senior Lunchtime Supervisor/Lunchtime Play Lead
Reports to: Community Manager/SLT.
To begin: ASAP
Pay scale: Grade 2
The Senior Lunchtime Supervisor/Lunchtime Play Lead role has been devised to make lunchtimes a pleasurable experience. The role is be lunchtime lead and actively ensure all children and staff support and follow the school’s positive ethos, and all staff and children engage fully in the new play initiative. The new initiative, which all staff will be trained in, will put play at the forefront of children’s learning experiences and will see dramatic changes to the school’s playing areas. Supervision and promotion of play to staff and children is key to the role.
- Be responsible for ensuring all staff fully engaged in supporting children in play activities in the playground.
- To ensure school’s high behavior standards are met by setting high individual expectations, by leading by example, and by supervising and supporting staff to promote positive experiences in-
- Dining room
- Moving around the school
- On play equipment
Report to: Community Manager
Term time only- 7.5 hours per week
Salary: Grade 1
To work with staff to ensure that the lunchtime runs efficiently and smoothly. To supervise children, making their safety and security the main priority, in the dining room and elsewhere around the school where necessary. The post holder will deal with children politely and positively, and undertake cleaning duties in the dining room as directed by the Community Manager.
- Supervise children in the area in which they eat their lunch.
- Assist and supervise the clearing away and tidying of the eating area.
- Supervise children after lunch, either inside or outside of the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the children within their care, and in accordance with the School Behaviour Policy.
- Ensure reasonable behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate with all incidents of disorder ensuring that any disruption is minimised.
- Attend to accidents which may occur during lunch time in accordance with the school procedure and guidelines on accidents and their treatment, reporting any accidents to the duty leader.
- Other associated duties or variations of the above tasks as specified by their line manager.
- To strictly observe the principles of confidentiality and Data Protection.
- Be aware of the responsibility for personal health, safety and welfare and that of others who may be affected by your actions or inactions.
- Support the School’s implementation of all other current statutory requirements, e.g. Equality Act, Equal Opportunities, Child Protection.
- Participate in new initiatives and future changes in service delivery improvements to support the objectives of the School.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties to the level of the post, which may be required by the line manager.
- To fulfil personal requirements, where appropriate, with regard to School policies and procedures, health, safety and welfare, emergency, evacuation and security.
- To have responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children.
- The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment, to work positively and inclusively with colleagues and stakeholders so that the School provides a workplace and delivers a service that does not discriminate against people on the ground of their age, sexuality, religion or belief, race, gender or disability.